Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Remembering Why I Started This

I started blogging about four months ago, we'd just moved to WA and all the transition in our lives was making me forget the small details that bring me so much joy. Like playing with my daughter, eating chocolate till our faces were covered in the brown gooey goodness, and laying in the backyard on our favorite picnic blanket watching the birds fly by. So I decided I'd talked about starting a blog long enough, I better just do it. I dreamed that in 20 or so years Little Mama and her sibling(s) would read through the posts and lovingly remember those good times and the mother that took the time to document them. I also dreamed that they would see how we tried to be faithful followers of Jesus and that our Little story was in fact part of Jesus Big story. 
But during all of this something started happening, or maybe its always been a part of why I started this. In one word, Followers. I'm not going to lie, when I read my favorite blogs and they have hundreds if not thousands of followers and they often post material goods c/o of so and so, I feel a small (strong) desire to reach a bunch of people and have them enjoy my story as much as I enjoy those blogs I read. I think, my readership will grow and I can start making it a business and receive free things as payment for advertisement, and oh life would be so fun then. Wow! I've so quickly lost touch. 
I'm not saying that people who make their blog a business are doing something wrong, not at all. What I'm saying is I don't want to covet what they have, I don't want to wish to be them, to write what I think people want to hear. I want to write my Little story that reflects Jesus Big story. And if along the way people find joy, laughter and something good through the words I write then great. If along the way this blogging helps me help my family financially then great, but if not that's fine too. Because being a part of the Big story Jesus is writing for us is worth it, because documenting my Little story for Little Mama and her sibling(s) is worth it. And because I don't want to forget the little things that bring me so much joy.

       

No comments:

Post a Comment