Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The Winds of Change

It has been cooling down a bit lately, from 100+ to low 90s, and it feels so good to my GIANT, achy body. Beside the weather returning to a livable state we are approaching so many other important changes. In about TWO weeks I'm turning 30! Its not the hugest of birthday milestones, but it is this pivotal moment that I used to think would bring forth all kinds of life wisdom. Yet this week, I've just been sitting around feeling ready to not weigh in at a whopping 177 lbs., to meet my little Mr. and to once again be able wrestle with Little Mama. Not a wise bone in my body, just a bunch of hope for doing the mundane and really enjoying it. 

So 30, you can bring new realizations, or not, I'll be ok either way. 

In four weeks Tiny Mr. M. will be joining us (of course earlier would be better for me, but you take your time if you need it little man). I'm going to admit that it still feels a bit surreal that we will no longer be a family of three, but I'm sure when i hold the little bundle of joy it will hit me like a ton of bricks (in the best possible way). 

In the last few months I've been trying to wrap my mind around the fact that our 700square foot living arrangement is about to get a bit more cramped. I've been trying to organize the whole house and rearrange Little Mama's room to accommodate for another occupant. Last week I finally finished Little Mr's "corner".

But first let me show you Little Mama's crazy hair, we first cut it about 3 months ago and kept up the short bob, but now its just a huge ol' mess! We can't figure out if we should get it trimmed again or just let it grow out.

So Tiny Mr's corner is ready for him; the funny thing is he won't be using it until he is about 6-8 months because he will be in our room. 

  



One of my favorite parts of his room is this little quilt.  

I finished it about a month ago, and while it is not perfect, I am very pleased with it. 

My hope is that Little Mama and Tiny Mr. will some day understand how much I love them with all of this DIY stuff I've been trying to make for them. 

In any case, life is good, and change is inevitable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment