Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Fast Forward

A little over six months ago we made a huge decision about relocating a thousand miles south to a city I hadn't previously even wanted to visit. Las Vegas. We were presented with an opportunity and a huge adventure. 

We took it. 

Its been a roller coaster, and quite a fun one too. Although I hate roller coasters, but that's beside the point. 


So in March we packed up all our belongings, called a moving company and started driving south. With a car full of snacks, a duffle bag stuffed with our most necessary things, and two little screamers in the backseat we started driving away from the only two states we'd ever lived in. We stopped at certain cities to say goodbye to our friends and family, and once we entered Nevada it was clear deserts aren't very exciting at quick glance and I was very anxious to get to our destination. 

We reached Las Vegas on a beautiful afternoon, the climate was temperate and our new apartment in a pretty good location. 

We were home.

The first weekend we ventured out to a church Mr. M. found online. We instantly fell in love with the people, the message and the proximity to our new home. We've been attending ever since. God's been speaking to us, and we are striving to listen closely.  

Las Vegas hasn't felt quite as fabulous or quite as "what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" either. Its just felt like home.

Mr. M. quickly declared he never wanted to move away from this desert and has been trying to convince me we need to buy a house.

We'll see how that plays out.


Also, right after the move Little Mama turned 3! And her sassy, firecracker attitude has continued to shine. She's a darling when she wants to be, but she is also determined and strong willed. We love her to pieces, but I definitely have more grey hairs !
                           


Tiny Mr. M. is growing up fast too. He is now 10 months. He is crawling, standing up, and vocalizing what sound like mama and caca (and that would be poop in spanish, oops!). Besides the potty mouth, he is the sweetest. He is friendly, and gives the best hugs. 



On other news, I opened up an Etsy shop Yasmi & Crew to sell children's accessories like bow-ties, headbands, necklaces and bracelets. Its been fun, a bit stressful, but mostly fun. Stressful because I always want to make sure that every piece I send out is perfect, and that's just not realistic. Even if a tiny thread is showing somewhere I feel the urge to start over. But I've resisted my OCD tendencies and all my customers have reported feeling very pleased with the items. My hope in opening up the shop was to create items that I felt were quality pieces and very affordable. I know I have felt very disappointed when I want to buy something for my Littles but it has been out of reach because of price. Especially because I know sometimes a bow only stays on their little head for an hour at most. We will see what the next few months hold for my little business, but I'm sure what ever happens will be exactly what I need in my life :)





















2 comments:

  1. Sylvia!! You always amaze me!!! What a great thing to blog, post pics, and be able to look back upon your journey. Keep on blogging! Your kids are beautiful, your little business thriving, and your move turned out well!! Good luck with everything!!! Wishing u the best and sending you hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra! You are the sweetest. Life is definitely good! I hope you and your family are doing awesome! 😍

      Delete