Thursday, July 19, 2012

Embrace the Camera: Little Treasure

Almost 15 months ago I met the most amazing little treasure. The moment I laid eyes on her I felt this incredible feeling of love come over me. 

I can't even begin to tell you how she has changed my life. Before we got pregnant I worked with at-risk youth as an afterschool program coordinator. My identity was very wrapped up in being an advocate and helping youth and parents navigate the public school system. At the beginning of our marriage Mr. M. and I discussed that when we had children I would stop working and focus my time on nurturing the new addition. As D-Day approached I was more than ready to stop working, but a part of me was very worried about what it would mean for me to leave my job and the small, but very important, social network I had developed through my career.
I am not going to say that motherhood is all bliss and that I don't think of going back to work from time to time. Because that would be a LIE! 
We have had to make so many sacrifices in order for me to stay home. As we are not the best savers or budget-followers (I make a budget, mind you, I just have a huge problem following it) we have had to sell our home, go down to one car, and move to the middle of the desert to keep me with the Little Mama. (that last one is not an exaggeration)
But I wouldn't change it for the world. Little Mama has blessed me with a new perspective on life. I am learning to be a little more aware of my inpatience, of the way I express my frustrations, of the way I treat myself and those around me. She is like my third eye. A little window through which our Creator gives me love, reassurance and hope that even if things are not perfect they will definitely be interesting. 


Thanks Emily from the anderson crew for inspiring us all to slow down and capture a lovely moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment